World class manufacturing
The World Class Manufacturing is a method of improving the cycle of production logistics. The main objective of the method is to increase quality and reduce production costs . The method is based on the concepts of , :
- Total Quality Control (TQC) which concerns company-wide quality control, the main emphasis is on people, and then the methods and equipment,
- Total Productive Maintenace (TPM)) which concerns the improvement of machinery and equipment and maximization of their productivity,
- Total Industrial Engineering (TIE) which concerns the development of company-wide industry,
- Just In Time (JIT) means that the exact number of components needed for production is delivered to the next step in the right time.
The basic assumptions of the method WCM is zero waste, zero defects, zero breakdowns and zero storage. These assumptions are intended to improve productivity, improve quality, technical ability and level of service.
The main objectives of WCM methods are:
- Maximizing the results of the production system, while respecting the software logistics and quality goals
- Ensure that the evolution of the production system, which is also aimed at strengthening the competitiveness, including:
- * Zero accidents
- * Zero defects
- * Zero accidents or zero losses in all its processes
- Increase of the knowledge and competence of personnel, as well as skills in solving problems with use of methods and tools of WCM
These goals of WCM method require a large commitment from managers, but also from each employee. Objectives are achieved through implementation of appropriate methodologies, a set of methods and tools, and change in the behavior of people.
- Górska J. , World Class Manufacturing – Produkcja Klasy Światowej. Promocja Automatyka Robotyka PAR, 1/2008, s. 48-49.
- Imai M., Gemba Kaizen. Zdroworozsądkowe, niskokosztowe podejście do zarządzania. Wyd. MT Biznes SP. z o.o, Warszawa 2006, s. 35 - 36, s. 185.
- Imai M., Kazein. Klucz do konkurencyjnego sukcesu Japonii, Wyd. MT Biznes SP. z o.o, Warszawa 2007, s. 45-46, s. 114.
Author: Teresa Śpiewla