Factors affecting supply
There are several factors affecting supply of the products on the market:
- price of competitive products
- price of related product
- prices of materials needed for production (inputs, resources)
- cost of production
- technology and innovation
- availability and cost of transport
- logistic infrastructure
- number of suppliers and competition among them
- government policies (taxes, tariffs, regulations)
- expectation about future (of producers and customers)
- natural environment (climate)
- availability of natural resources
- Katz, L. F., & Murphy, K. M. (1991). Changes in relative wages, 1963-1987: Supply and demand factors (No. w3927). National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kilian, L. (2009). Not all oil price shocks are alike: Disentangling demand and supply shocks in the crude oil market. American Economic Review, 99(3), 1053-69.
This is an article stub.