Growth phase strategy
Product placement phase is followed by intense market growth after the product will is welcomed by the customers. This phase is characterized by a high capital expenditure, although relatively smaller than in the development phase. Therefore, there are proposed different strategies for enterprises with different competitive position.
The dominant competitive position
- maintain position and market share
- invest to sustain growth
Strong competitive position
Average competitive position
- try to improve market position, selective increase market share
- selective investment in order to improve situation
Favourable competitive position
- look for niche and protect it
- selectively invest
Weak competitive position
- development or withdrawal
- investment or disposal
- Pelham, A. M. (2015). Strategy, Market Orientation, or Environment: Relative Influence on Small Manufacturing Firms. In Proceedings of the 1998 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference (p. 458-458). Springer International Publishing.