Environmental hygiene is a set of activities that aim at improvement of maintenance of environmental conditions that are friendly for people living in the area. Environmental hygiene conditions include:
- clean and safe water supply,
- clean and safe ambient air,
- efficient and safe disposal of waste (animal, human, industrial),
- protection of food from contaminants (biological, chemical),
- adequate housing in clean and safe surroundings.
Environmental hygiene includes also practical control measures that define in detail aforementioned conditions. Good health of the community is not only the absence of disease, but also a reflection on well-being or people.
- Garin, B., Aidara, A., Spiegel, A., Arrive, P., Bastaraud, A., Cartel, J. L., ... & Gouali, M. (2002). Multicenter study of street foods in 13 towns on four continents by the food and environmental hygiene study group of the international network of pasteur and associated institutes. Journal of food protection, 65(1), 146-152.
This is an article stub.