As stated in Systems Analysis and Design the handwritten orders need a dispatch note before they can be sent; they are returned to the Sales Order Office after they have been picked, and they are then entered as PC prders to obtain a dispatch note. The dispatch note has then to be taken to the stores and attached to the goods before the goods can be delivered to the dealer .
Dispatch notes and customs declarations
As stated in United States Treaties and Other International Agreements 
- One dispatch note and as many customs declarations as are required by the country of destination, conforming to forms C P 2 and C P 3 (Universal Postal Union), will be made up for each parcel; the customs declarations will be attached securely to the dispatch note.
- The sender must indicate on the back of the dispatch note or on the customs declaration, as well as on the cover of the parcel, what disposition is to be made of it in case it cannot be delivered, limiting himself to one of the following instructions:
- Provided the Administration of destination in not opposed thereto, up to three ordinary parcels, mailed by the same sender and addressed to the same addressee, may be included in a single dispatch note with its respective customs declarations. This provision does not aplly in the case od C. O. D. and/or insured parcels.
Number of parcels on same dispatch note
As stated in Parcel Post in Foreign Countries the option of using one dispatch note for the entry of several parcels does not apply to insured parcels, which require a separate dispatch note for each parcel. A seal, bearing the same impression as those by which the contents of the parcel are secured, must be affixed to the dispatch note. Every insured parcel and its accompanying dispatch note must bear the insured value written in francs and centimes, in words and in figures, without erasures or corrections 
Posting of foreign parcels
In the Parcel Post in Foreign Countries we can find that parcels for a foreign country must be taken to the post office and handed in at the counter accompanied by dispatch notes duly filled up, together with as many customs declarations as required for the country of destination .In Egypt the same dispatch note may serve for three ordinary parcels, provided that they be from the same sender to the same addressee. Parcels for Russia must each be accompanied by a separate dispatch note .
- European Conference of Ministers of Transport (2001) ECMT Round Tables Transport of Waste Products OECD
- Roberts D., Pakkiri R. (2013) Decision Sourcing: Decision Making for the Agile Social Enterprise Gower Publishing
- Sharp J. (2015) Microsoft Visual C# 2013 Step by Step
- Taylor S., Gartside L. (2004) Model Business Letters, E-mails & Other Business Documents Pearson Education Limited
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Post Offices and Post Roads (1912) Parcel Post in Foreign Countries Washington Government Printing Office
- United States. Dept. of State (1945) Executive Agreement Series U.S. Government Printing Office, Washingtion
- Whitehead G. (2013) (Organisation and Administration for Business (RLE: Organizations) Routledge
- Yeates D., Wakefield T. (2004) Systems Analysis and Design Pearson Education Limited
- Gadsby A. 2001 (Longman Business Dictionary)
- Client Summary Dispatch Note 2019
- Yeates D., Wakefield T. 2004 p. 478 (Systems Analysis and Design)
- United States Treaties and Other International Agreements 1951 p. 1428
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Post Offices and Post Roads 1912 p. 76 (Parcel Post in Foreign Countries)
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Post Offices and Post Roads 1912 p. 72 (Parcel Post in Foreign Countries)
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Post Offices and Post Roads 1912 p. 73 (Parcel Post in Foreign Countries)
Author: Paulina Wolnik