Process strategies are different methods used by managers to increase the efficiency and performance of various processes in the organization. The company is constantly implementing new solutions, innovative ideas and improving those segments that show some defects or are ineffective, this can be done from projects to the final stages of the production process. These activities are designed to strive for the best results of the company and its development.
There are several strategies which can be used
- Business process outsourcingit is outsourcing the execution of various business processes. These enterprises are fully responsible for the activities performed, thanks to which we are sure that it will be of good quality and will be best focused on the effectiveness and benefits of these processes. It involves costs for the company, but assuming the success and rightness of introducing Business Process Outsourcing through the work they have done, we can achieve large, long-term profits and a good market position.
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis method that helps to locate errors and defects at the very beginning it is at the time of designing, which can limit the exposure of our company to unnecessary costs associated with the eventual repetition of the entire production process.It can be used not only for the entire process but for each separate operation, detail, part or subassembly.
- Just in time we use to synchronize all activities in the production process so as to reduce working time and storage space and reduce inventory levels, which will positively affect our company by increasing productivity and improving quality.
- Statistical process control these are actions aimed at preventing the occurrence of disturbances. Research is constantly carried out so that mistakes can be made as soon as they appear. This is a very good solution, because we are able to react quickly to the error appearing and check why it occurs and what actions should be taken to prevent the reoccurrence.
- Total Quality Management focuses on achieving long-term effects through enterprise or production management in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and benefits for the enterprise.
- Kaizen is a continuous improvement, focuses on the active participation of all employees on the search for ideas and solutions. Focuses on reducing the problems and problems and eliminating them in the future, and goes to perfection.
- Time based management the person who is responsible for the Time-based management must develop techniques and so direct himself and the team that everyone who has a specific task would be able to perform them in a given time and quality that the manager, other employees and the recipients would be fully satisfied. A good organization sometimes significantly affects the reduction of stress and chaos between employees, which affects the fewer mistakes made in the process. Everyone has assigned their task and can organize the work in such a way that his results are the best.
- Lean manufacturing it is aimed at eliminating unnecessary operations and methods in the whole process, which helps to increase production efficiency and adjust work time at individual positions so as not to create unnecessary stocks and stops at a given position, which would only generate losses for us.Enterprises try to base on products and produce good quality at a low price, if they manage production well, it is possible for them.
- Management by process
- Mass customization
- Product focus
- Customer focus
- McIvor, R. (2005). The outsourcing process: strategies for evaluation and management. Cambridge University Press.
- Rahani, A. R., & Al-Ashraf, M. (2012). Production flow analysis through value stream mapping: a lean manufacturing process case study. Procedia Engineering, 41, 1727-1734.
- Szulanski, G., Porac, J. F. A., Doz, Yves L. (2005). Strategy Process.
- McIvor, R. (2005)
- Rahani, A. R., & Al-Ashraf, M. (2012)
Author: Karolina Tabak