World Packaging Organisation
|World Packaging Organisation|
The World Packaging Organization (WPO) is an international non-governmental federation of national packaging institutes and associations, regional packaging federations and other interested parties, including industry and trade associations. It is a non-profit organization founded on 6 September 1968. in Tokyo. The main objectives of WPO are:
- promotion on a global scale for the development of technology, science and packaging engineering
- support for international trade
- educational activities in the field of packaging
- the possibility of communication between stakeholders in packaging industry by providing them with a forum for discussion
- dialogue with members on issues relating to packaging such as consumer safety, food preservation or impact of packaging on the environment
- supporting the development of such legal, technological and economic factors, which will optimize the storage and distribution of food and other products packaged in such a way that they were delivered to all in need
- advice on the creation and functioning of national organizations and institutions of packaging
- provide information about sources of knowledge about packing
- participation in other forms of activity.
WPO strives to meet these objectives, acting through national packaging organizations, other members and stakeholders.
- Klevås, J. (2005). Organization of packaging resources at a product-developing company. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 35(2), 116-131.
- World Packaging Organisation website.