Characteristics of organization
Main characteristics of organization include:
- common aim specific for whole organization, all units and its employees (orientation on goal)
- clear separation of organization from surroundings
- existence of management team which regulates relationships between members and organization structure
- organizational culture with sets of values, standards and rules which regulate organization members behaviour
- complex organizational structure ie. internal system and arrangement of organization components
- active cooperation between certain organization members and organization components for achieving goals.
- organization is an open system exchanging resources with environment
- organization uses technology to maintain its continuous existence
- Roberts, K. H. (1990). Some characteristics of one type of high reliability organization. Organization Science, 1(2), 160-176.
This is an article stub.