Concept engineering is a method used to frame the project and develop it. The main steps of concept engineering are:
- framing the project - definition of main and secondary results, limitations and assumptions, success criteria
- collecting data - collecting information on currently used solution or solutions available on the market, benchmarking
- analyzing data - analysis of collected data, finding possible improvements, changes, features that product should have
- selecting options - development of project options (various scenarios of achieving results), comparing options, choosing best option.
- Avramenko, Y., & Kraslawski, A. (2006). Similarity concept for case-based design in process engineering. Computers & chemical engineering, 30(3), 548-557.
This is an article stub.