Identity of the company
Identity of the company is a set of characteristics that distinguishes it from others, especially its competitors. It is a set of attributes providing a particularly clear way to correctly identify company and its products or services.
Identity of the company expresses itself by visual signs of: buildings, transport, working clothes and uniforms of employees, etc. A properly built and managed identity is one of the most effective means of inducing confidence. It helps company to enter new markets or introduce new offerings (products, ideas, services, etc.).
To create identity, managers should answer following questions:
- What is a company and how is will change?
- Where it is going and what position it wants to achieve?
- What distinguishes it from the competition?
- What it does and how it does it?
- Mukherjee, A., & He, H. (2008). Company identity and marketing: an integrative framework. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 16(2), 111-125.