Voivode is appointed and dismissed by the President of the Council of Ministers on the proposal of the relevant Minister of state administration. Voivode is a representative of the Council of Ministers in the region.
He is responsible for:
- rule over complex bodies of state administration and supervision of the tasks arising from the laws and other legal acts issued on the basis of the authorizations, findings, and recommendations of government regulations
- monitoring performance by local government authorities and other tasks related to local government based on laws or agreements with the government
- adjusting public policy objectives to local conditions, especially in the field of regional policy.
- enable interoperability to all administering entities, operating in the region and the activities of those entities in the prevention of danger to life, health or property and to maintain public order, the protection of civil rights, prevention of natural disasters and other extraordinary threats including combating and elimination of their consequences,
- participation on behalf of the Council of Ministers on State ceremonies and official visits in the province by the representatives of the other countries,
- participation in the appointment and recall of state officials,
- control over state officials operating in the province,
The Voivode is also the head of a local public administration. He is in charge and responsible for the effectiveness of its work. Also oversees local governments, in manner which is defined in the European Charter for Local Self-Government. Also represents the Treasury in respect of all state property located on the territory of the province. Voivode is also a higher level authority under the provisions of the administrative proceedings.
The Voivodeship Office is the Executive body of the province. Its tasks include:
- Implementation of the resolutions of the regional council of the province
- management of property of the province, including the implementation of rights from stocks and shares belonging to the local government of province,
- project preparation and execution of the budget of the province,
- preparation of development strategies of the region, the zoning plan and the regional programs and their implementation,
- organization of cooperation with local government structures in other countries and with international regional unions,
- management, coordination and supervision of activities of the regional municipal units, including the appointment and dismissal of their leaders,
- the adoption of the organizational regulations of the Marshal office.
- Pierre, J. (2000). Debating governance: Authority, steering, and democracy. Oxford University Press.
- Voivode @ wikipedia