Importance of technology
Importance of technology in increasing business efficiency and promoting better customer satisfaction stems from its ability to reduce time needed to perform vital business operation, reduce cost of this operation and increase quality.
Areas of business where technology is important
- communication (ICT, instant messaging, data transfer)
- decision making (data analytics, big data, artificial intelligence)
- infrastructure (transport of goods, utilities)
- organizational culture (internal communication, videoconferencing, social media)
- trade (international and national, reducing barriers of trade, faster and cheaper transports)
- creativity and innovation (easy links to scientists and R&D personnel in other companies)
- new technologies in medicine allows for better employee health protection
- entertainment innovation and tourism improves motivation and efficiency of employees
- education and e-learning technologies improve knowledge sharing and employee competences
- Ergas, H. (1987). The importance of technology policy. Economic policy and technological performance, 51-96.
- Ertmer, P. A. (1999). Addressing first-and second-order barriers to change: Strategies for technology integration. Educational technology research and development, 47(4), 47-6
This is an article stub.