Availability of resources
Availability of resources is a key success factor for every production enterprise. Lack of resources can cause production delays, quality problems, cost increase, problems with fulfilling orders, and even bankruptcy. Managers can not allocate resources if they are not available, so careful planning and preparation is needed before any undertaking to ensure all needed resources are in place in order to perform desired tasks. Types of resources in regard with their availability:
- renewable resources - air, water, oil, gas, etc., lack of availability can be result of environmental pollution and political instability
- human resources - skills and competencies, education, training
- financial resources - source of financing, interest rates, governmental support
- resource conflicts - in project management resources can be assigned simultaneously to different tasks
- Chow, J., Kopp, R. J., & Portney, P. R. (2003). Energy resources and global development. Science, 302(5650), 1528-1531.
- Westerveld, E. (2003). The Project Excellence Model®: linking success criteria and critical success factors. International Journal of project management, 21(6), 411-418.
This is an article stub.