Resources and capabilities
Resources and capabilities are regarded as the key success factors for achieving high market share, fast development, increase in revenues and profits, creativity and innovation, technological progress, management efficiency and employee motivation.
Main types of corporate resources include:
- Human resources
- Cash Resources
- Material resources
- Knowledge resources
- Information resources
- Organizational processes
- Access to natural resources
Business capabilities are closely related to corporate resources and include mainly:
- Important processes and functions
- Unique competences of employees and managers
- Organizational model and business model
- Relationships with customers and suppliers
- Organizational culture
- Organizational climate
- Wang, C. L., & Ahmed, P. K. (2007). Dynamic capabilities: A review and research agenda. International journal of management reviews, 9(1), 31-51.
- Barney, J. B. (2001). Resource-based theories of competitive advantage: A ten-year retrospective on the resource-based view. Journal of management, 27(6), 643-650.
This is an article stub.