Material stream involves movement of raw materials, consumables, and products during processing of semi-finished goods. It is carried out in an organized manner in the production cycle.
Elements in the material streams are:
- work stations (machine tools, control units, cleaning and removal)
- storage equipment (local stores, central stores)
- transport equipment (cranes, conveyors, trucks, etc.)
- handling equipment (robots, pallet changers, manipulators, etc.)
- Bowles, S. (1985). The production process in a competitive economy: Walrasian, neo-Hobbesian, and Marxian models. The American Economic Review, 75(1), 16-36.