Production structure optimization
|Production structure optimization|
Structure of production optimization - involves making production decisions based on the developed activity programs. Any decision on the assortment structure and volume of production is reflected in the costs incurred and achieved revenues and, consequently realized profits.
Specifying the assortment structure and volume of manufacturing companies must take into account various considerations of business activity:
- Internal (dependent on activities of management) - includes: means of production, resources, machinery and equipment, raw materials, personnel, etc.
- External (independent) - mainly market demand on manufactured goods.
In terms of optimization of product structure, the most frequently used methods are:
- Linear programming
- Analysis of the portfolio of products
- BCG growth-share matrix
- McKinsey matrix
- Production logistics subsystem
- Production capacity curve
- Production reserve
- Production process
- Group technology
- Operational controlling
- Factors affecting demand