Types of communication technology
|Types of communication technology|
Fast technology development in recent years has changed the system of business communication. At the present time organisations use many different methods to receive and share the informations, and to synchronize all essential processes in a company. All electronic tools have to speed up the business communication and make it more efficient.
E-mails, text messaging and teleconferences let people work from anywhere and at any time.1 As video conferences become more popular, global partnership is more accessible.3 As a result, companies have to learn how to accommodate for the cultural and organisational differences. Due to the newest technology meetings face to face in many companies are no longer needed. Human Resources departments increasingly use social media to find and recruit new employees, interview candidates by Skype and train them in the form of e-learning courses.
Technology has developed external communication as well. Now consumers have many channels to contact with companies and voice out their opinions about purchased products or services2 Corporations have more specific informations about customers’ needs and can prepare more customized marketing campaign. All these things improve customer-relationship management process.
Technologies used to synchronous communication:4
- Conference phone calls
- Video conferences
- Computer-assisted conferences
- Instant messaging (IM)
- Text messaging, Short Message Services (SMS)
Technologies used to unsynchronous communication:4
- Website blogs and web pages
- Social media profiles
- Online chat
- Cloud technology, file sharing software
1.Dr. Jyoti Sheoran (2012). Technological Advancement and Changing Paradigm of Organizational Communication. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications.ISSN 2250-3153
2.Lindsey Munro (2014). The Dynamics of Business Communication: a Look at Social Media Use in the Workplace.
3.Afërdita Berisha-Shaqiri (2015). Impact of Information Technology and Internet in Businesses. Academic Journal of Business, Administration, Law and Social Sciences.
4. Amado, M., Ashton, K., Ashton, S., Bostwick, J., Clements, G., Drysdale, J., Francis, J., Harrison, B., Nan, V., Nisse, A., Randall, D., Rino, J., Robinson, J., Snyder, A., Wiley, D., & Anonymous. (DATE). Project Management for Instructional Designers. Retrieved from https://pm4id.org/chapter/6-1-types-of-communication/. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike (BY-NC-SA) license.
Author: Natalia Stefańczyk, Gabriela Ruszel, Priyanka Bansal, Rahul Sharma