Barcodes (also known as bar codes) - this is a graphical representation of numbers, characters and letters with dark and light boxes. Their main task is to read information through a code reader.
Advantages of bar codes:
- enable automatic loading of information
- automatic identification of various types of products in storage, transport and commodity science
- accuracy of data recording
- positive impact on capital and inventory management
- speed of entering, reading and processing data
- improve documentation and billing
- streamlines the erase functions
- more effective transaction execution
- accelerated customer service
Types of barcodes
Division of codes by dimensionality:
- One-dimensional bar codes (linear, 1D) - information is contained on one line, usually in the form of bars.
- Two-dimensional two bar codes - information stored in several lines, one below the other.
- Barcodes Two-dimensional matrix - the information is written on the surface of the package in a form other than lines.
- Complex barcodes - a mix of one-dimensional and two-dimensional codes.
- Three-dimensional barcodes - extruded one-dimensional codes. Their depth is used to read them.
Breakdown by stroke width:
- Codes with one stroke width
- Codes with two line widths
- Codes with many strokes widths (modular)
Breakdown by type of coded symbols:
- Numeric - only digits in the decimal system are coded
- Alphanumeric - the digits and other characters of the ASCII code are encoded, sometimes also characters appearing in some alphabets
Breakdown by code continuity (not applicable to matrix codes):
- Continuous codes - there are no gaps between coded characters
- Discrete codes - there are spaces between coded characters
Breakdown by number of coded characters:
- Codes with a strictly defined number of coded characters (fixed length)
- Codes with a different number of coded characters (variable length)
Breakdown according to the adopted method of verification of read data:
- Self-check codes - some error checking procedures are implemented in the code construction
- Codes with a control character (eg with a check digit)
- Self-check codes that contain an additional check mark
Country or region barcodes
|000-139 USA & Canada||20-29 Goods weighed in supermarkets||300-379 France|
|383 Slovenia||380 Bulgaria||385 Croatia|
|387 Bosnia-Herzegovina||40-44 Germany||45 Japan (also 49)|
|46 Russian Federation||470 Kyrgyzstan||474 Estonia|
|475 Latvia||476 Azerbaijan||477 Lithuania|
|478 Uzbekistan||479 Sri Lanka||480 Philippines|
|481 Belarus||482 Ukraine||484 Moldova|
|485 Armenia||486 Georgia||487 Kazakhstan|
|489 Hong Kong||49 Japan (JAN-13)||50 Great Britain|
|520 Greece||528 Lebanon||529 Cyprus|
|531 Macedonia||535 Malta||539 Ireland|
|54 Belgium & Luxembourg||560 Portugal||569 Iceland|
|57 Denmark||590 Poland||594 Romania|
|599 Hungary||600 & 601 South Africa||608 Bahrain|
|609 Mauritius||611 Morocco||613 Algeria|
|621 Syria||622 Egypt||624 Libya|
|625 Jordan||626 Iran||627 Kuwait|
|628 Saudi Arabia||64 Finland||690-692 China|
|70 Norway||729 Israel||73 Sweden|
|740 Guatemala||741 El Salvador||742 Honduras|
|743 Nicaragua||744 Costa Rica||745 Panama|
|746 Dominican Republic||750 Mexico||759 Venezuela|
|76 Switzerland||770 Colombia||773 Uruguay|
|775 Peru||777 Bolivia||779 Argentina|
|780 Chile||784 Paraguay||786 Ecuador|
|789-790 Brazil||80 - 83 Italy||84 Spain|
|850 Kuba||858 Slovakia||859 Czech Republic|
|860 Yugoslavia||867 North Korea||867 North Korea|
|869 Turkey||87 The Netherlands||880 South Korea|
|885 Thailand||888 Singapore||890 India|
|893 Vietnam||899 Indonesia||90 & 91 Austria|
|94 New Zealand||950 EAN - IDA||955 Malaysia|
|958 Macao||619 Tunisia||978 International Standard Book Numbering (ISBN)|
|979 International Standard Music Number (ISMN)||980 Refund receipts||981 & 982 Common Currency Coupons|
|977 International Standard Serial Number for Periodicals (ISSN)||99 Coupons||-|
- Daw-Tung Lin, Chin-Lin Lin, (2013). AUTOMATIC LOCATION FOR MULTI-SYMBOLOGY AND MULTIPLE 1D AND 2D BARCODES. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Vol. 21, No. 6, s. 664-666.
- Erol Ozcelik, Cengiz Acarturk, (2011). Reducing the Spatial Distance between Printed and Online Information Sources by means of Mobile Technology Enhances Learning: Using 2D Barcodes. Accepted Manuscript, s. 10-15.
- Jun-Chou Chuang, Yu-Chen Hu, Hsien-Ju Ko, (2018). A Novel Secret Sharing Technique Using QR Code. International Journal of Image Processing, no.4, s. 469-470.
- Melinda Katona and Laszl ´ o G. Ny ´ ul, (2012). A novel method for accurate and efficient barcode detection with morphological operations. IEEE, s. 1-3.
Author: Natalia Wróblewska