From CEOpedia | Management online
Process analysis is increasingly used in various types of organizations, both in enterprises and public administration units. It is most often used in the following areas:
- in the orientation of new employees
- in work organization
- in determining roles and responsibilities
- in identifying the possibilities of improving the process / system
- in setting performance metrics
- in detailed planning and improvement of workloads, batch sizes, etc. Process analysis is sometimes presented as an analysis of business processes. Under this term, the company's activities are hidden, which determine the results of its operations and influence the shaping of such characteristic parameters as the duration of projects and costs.
Analysis by way of process improvement
In order for the company to be able to operate in an efficient and effective manner, it is necessary to systematically analyze, assess processes and base on the analysis and assessment of improvements that make the process more and better.
Process improvement has its direct expression in setting ever higher and more ambitious goals for it, which should result from a permanent analysis of processes, which in the management system is the responsibility of process owners.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of information flow in the process, the implementation of powers and responsibilities, assessment of the effectiveness of meeting the requirements and expectations of clients (internal and external) and evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the objective adopted for the process.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of the use of resources and resources, assessment of the costs of the process, including quality costs, assessment of implementation time and flows.
- Assessment of the ability to adapt to changes in the process environment.
Process analysis requirements
To successfully conduct process analysis, the following conditions must be observed:
- In order to establish cooperation between various departments of the company, you must have the support of the management.
- It is necessary to have a system of ordering and processing information, because it proves to be necessary very soon.
- In order to persuade colleagues to express their opinion honestly, it is necessary to act very diplomatically.
- Vergidis, K., Tiwari, A., & Majeed, B. (2008). Business process analysis and optimization: Beyond reengineering. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C (Applications and Reviews), 38(1), 69-82.
- Van Der Aalst, W. M., Ter Hofstede, A. H., & Weske, M. (2003, June). Business process management: A survey. In International conference on business process management (pp. 1-12). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Dijkman, Remco M., Marlon Dumas, and Chun Ouyang. "Semantics and analysis of business process models in BPMN." Information and Software technology 50, no. 12 (2008): 1281-1294.
- Kettinger, W. J., Teng, J. T., & Guha, S. (1997). Business process change: a study of methodologies, techniques, and tools. MIS quarterly, 55-80.