Environment of a project is multi-faceted and complex set of factors, depending on the characteristics of the project, such as:
- cost of the project,
- type of project,
- size of the project,
- duration of the project,
- project scope,
- budget of a project,
- company or organization in which it is implemented
Elements of the environment of the project
Implementation of the project requires taking into account the specifics of the environment of the project. Different stakeholder groups that have an impact on its success. Each project requires a different relations with other people or groups and the correct choice of this group for analysis is necessary for proper planning. Stakeholders are institutions, individuals or groups that legitimately are interested in the evaluation and outcome of the project. This is due to:
- business relationship,
- current legislation.
Stakeholder groups include:
- project sponsors,
- management of the company,
- public institutions,
- local communities (if the project affects them).
Impact on the ability of the project also has:
- persons not directly interested in the final result,
- local authorities,
- Frame, J. D. (2002). The new project management: tools for an age of rapid change, complexity, and other business realities. John Wiley & Sons.
- Graham, R. J., & Englund, R. L. (2013). Creating an environment for successful projects. John Wiley & Sons.
- Sense, A. J. (2007). Structuring the project environment for learning. International Journal of Project Management, 25(4), 405-412.