Structure of strategic information system
From CEOpedia | Management online
- Reporting - software responsible for the visualization (in appropriate format) data obtained from the databases of the company and provide them to the managers according to their information needs
- Analysis and answers - management tools for direct manipulation of the supplied information, as well as performing response to ad-hoc questions about specific collections of information,
- Efficiency measurement - software that allows to define the key metrics reflecting the situation of the company and the construction of strategic scorecards and early warning systems,
- Analysis of trends - of primary key measures of business efficiency, allowing for a better understanding of the changes taking place in time and in relation to the impact of rapidly changing environment
- Assistance in strategic planning - optimizing decision making process at all levels of the strategic management
- IT infrastructure - database hardware and software, software for data conversion, data warehousing, data transmission and tools for accessing the data.
- Laudon, K. C., & Laudon, J. P. (2004). Management information systems: managing the digital firm. New Jersey, 8.
Author: Krzysztof Wozniak