Importance of time management
|Importance of time management|
Importance of time management stems from its role in ensuring effective action in all areas of the company (in particular in project management). It is also necessary to achieve high productivity and personal realization of life goals. Time management is a systematic process of planning and executing of scheduled activities aimed at the implementation of predetermined goal.
Time management processes
Time management can be divided into processes that need to be achieved in order to complete a task.
- goal setting - is the initial stage, identifies the actions to be taken in the implementation of the task,
- planning - distribution of identified tasks in time,
- decision-making - about actions to perform, their necessity, and their order in time.
- implementation - performing previously scheduled tasks in scheduled time.
- monitoring - control of achieved goals, validation of the performance of the tasks.
Advantages and importance of good time management skills
Effective time management ensures:
- implementation of tasks with less time and resources,
- improved work organization,
- better work performance,
- less chaos and mental stress,
- greater job satisfaction,
- greater motivation,
- time for the implementation of higher order tasks,
- less pressure and emphasis on performance,
- less mistakes made during the execution of the tasks,
- faster achievement of the professional and private objectives.
- Gafni, R., & Geri, N. (2010). Time management: Procrastination tendency in individual and collaborative tasks. Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management, 5(1), 15-125.
- Macan, T. H. (1994). Time management: Test of a process model. Journal of applied psychology, 79(3), 381.
- PMI Standards Committee, & PMI Standards Committee. (1996). A guide to the project management body of knowledge. Project Management Institute.