The term “Thinking” usually means the activity of using your mind to consider something. In this case that activity has to be innovative, which means new or in a better away “out of the box”. One of the main purpose for the managers is expand their own market power, each one wants that his entrepreneur is competitive in the market. By using Innovative Thinking, businesses are better able to be open to change and innovation and as a result they have the courage to invest in creativity and new ideas. It can certainly be affirmed that innovative thinking in each business leads to growth.
The main skills to be a “Innovative Thinker”
- Analytical Thinking : Ability to examine things carefully to understand what they mean.
- Open-Minded: You should set aside any assumptions or biases you may have, and look at things in a completely new way.
- Problem Solving: Your ability not only to think creatively, but to use your creativity to solve an important issue.
- Organization: Being able to structure a plan of action with clear goals and deadlines.
- Communication: You need to have strong written and oral communication skills.
Differences between Innovation and Creativity
To innovate means to develop a new idea then translating it into a process or an innovative product. Certainly it is necessary first to hold it; Perhaps the fact is not considered sufficiently, is this: not all new ideas are valid or appropriate. For this reason it is necessary to distinguish between Creativity and Innovation.
- INNOVATION: Innovation is an economic and social phenomenon. It involves the community. It calls for investments, infrastructures, dedicated policies. And the courage to risk. It has a very strong design component, can be planned and is the result of a specific business strategy.
- CREATIVITY: For an idea to be considered creative, it must be such as not only to break an existing rule, but to give rise to a new and better rule. It is not just the preliminary part of innovation. It is a matter in itself.
Creativity is a mental and individual fact. It concerns individuals, or groups of individuals who cooperate. He asks for flexibility, skills, talent and focus. And a tenacity out of the ordinary. It is in many ways uncontrollable and also depends on the case. It can be fostered but not planned.
For culture, experience, training a good entrepreneur can easily understand the logic of innovation, and govern them by planning time and investments. Those of creativity are in some respects uncontrollable, and this can be very irritating. In conclusion,creativity and innovation are not only two relevant moments, different and successive one to another within the development process, but belong to different logical levels. Innovative Thinking could be define a way of looking at problems or situations from a fresh perspective that suggests unorthodox solutions.