|Methods and techniques|
Personal knowledge is related to the experience, information, skills that a person obtains through active participation in a given management process, learning about the environment, methods of trials and errors, ability to solve problems, conversations with other people.
Personal knowledge is very important because it affects the efficiency, effectiveness and level of work of employees in the organization. An educated employee is able to implement a new, better plan in our company that will allow to achieve much better results of work and improve the productivity of the team.
Personal knowledge is also called know-how, it informs about how the production process is not covered by monopoly and permits, because they do not have the status of innovation, a new patent. Know how also expresses technical knowledge and the essence of conducted analyzes known only to the manufacturer.
Personl knowledge in practice
Personal knowledge is also a part of propositional knowledge. If you meet someone and you do not learn enough about him, you can not say that you know that person. On the other hand, having a lot of information, facts about this person, and not treating her personally, I can not say that I know her in the sense necessary for personal knowledge. Personal knowledge in a specific way includes the assimilation of a given number of sentences.
Personal knowledge managment
Personal knowledge management is a method that helps in dealing with the changing environment, both organisation and social. Focuses on the combination of many domains such as knowledge management, personal information management, management and communication, philosophy.
Benefits of knowledge management
- The development and dynamization of the enterprise - the power of the enterprise are the employees who know how to use their knowledge to achieve the set goal - what counts is the creativity and certainty that what we do, we do well. the employee acquires such confidence if he can break his theoretical knowledge into practice.
- Decrease in costs - when analyzing the financial situation of a company and applying new solutions, we can reduce costs.
- Better flow of information - when employees have adequate theoretical knowledge, it takes less time explaining to the next employee the rules of operation for a specific task or solving problems.
- Increase the professionalism of employees.
- Creating an organizational culture.
- Strengthening the company's position on the market - thanks to innovative ideas, detailed research on the needs of potential customers and care to meet these needs, we increase our chances on the market among competitors.
- Introduction of new patents for products and services - employees who pursue self-realization and have high ambitions are able to create something completely new, fresh and at the same time be very creative. Thanks to this the company can constantly surprise the regular customers and acquire new ones who will be curious about new solutions.
The result of benefits resulting from knowledge management is building a company's strategy and organizational culture. After the introduction of new improvements, which are the result of the knowledge management process, enterprises have a positive impact on their image in the eyes of the final recipient. These companies are competent and reliable on the market.
- Oren, E., Völkel, M., Breslin, J. G., & Decker, S. (2006, September). Semantic wikis for personal knowledge management. In International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (p. 509-518). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Schwarz, S. (2006). A context model for personal knowledge management applications. In Modeling and retrieval of context (p. 18-33). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Polanyi M., (1962). Personal Knowledge, Towards a Post-Critical Philosophy, Routledge, London
- Gorman, G. E., Pauleen, David J., (2011). Individual, Organizational and Social Perspectives Personal Knowledge Management.
- Polanyi M., (1962)
- Gorman, G. E., Pauleen, David J., (2011)
Author: Magdalena Worłowska