Profile of qualifications
|Profile of qualifications|
Qualification profile is based on an analysis of the job profile requirements. This is the initial stage of the selection process. In order to increase the effectiveness of staff selection, managers prepare the comparison matrix of ideal candidate qualifications. It is set of individual professional qualities, for which the company will pay off to a specific employee. Profile describes image of the worker, choice of the appropriate criteria for the assessment of the candidate and the appropriate selection techniques.
Competence profiles are used in human resources (HR) to identify and describe the skills, knowledge, and abilities that are required for a particular job or role. They are often used in recruitment and selection, as well as in employee development and performance management. There are several reasons why competences profiles are used in HR:
- Recruitment and selection: Competence profiles can be used to identify the qualifications and skills that are required for a particular job and to evaluate the qualifications and skills of job candidates. This helps to ensure that the best-qualified candidates are selected for the job.
- Employee development: Competence profiles can be used to identify the skills and knowledge that employees need to develop in order to advance in their careers. This can help to identify training and development opportunities that will help employees to reach their full potential.
- Performance management: Competence profiles can be used to evaluate employee performance by comparing their skills and abilities to the requirements of the job. This can help to identify areas where employees need to improve and to set goals and objectives that will help them to achieve success in their role.
- Succession planning: Competence profiles can be used to identify the skills and knowledge that employees need to succeed in different roles within the organization. This can help to identify potential candidates for leadership roles and to plan for future changes in leadership.
- Consistency: Competence profiles help to ensure consistency in the recruitment process, employee development, and performance management. By providing a clear understanding of the skills and knowledge that are required for different roles, they can help to ensure that all employees are held to the same standards.
In summary, competences profiles are used in HR for recruitment and selection, employee development, performance management, succession planning and ensure consistency in the process
Analysis of the necessary skills for specific position:
- knowledge and skills,
- ways actions and behaviors,
- effectiveness and results of the process.
In the construction of the qualification profile managers identifies such elements as: knowledge, psychological characteristics, skills. These factors can also include: interpersonal, technical and conceptual skills. Creation of profile, take into account the following variables:
- stage of development of the company,
- strategic objectives of the company
- existing culture of the organization.
Creation of qualification profile is usually delegated to specific HR units. They are: supervisor, managers and HR specialists (internal and external).