There are two types of IT SCM systems:
- internal engaged in supplying, distribution and production,
- and external, integrating the company with its suppliers.
In manufacturing companies SCM incorporates the majority of the production process planning and supply activities.
The advantages of this system can include: integrating with other companies IT systems via the Internet, the optimum adaptation of production to market needs, search for market niches, optimization of supply sources and identifying constraints in the supply chain.
- IT systems in production management
- IT systems in value chain management
- Strategic IT System
- Sources of information in logistics
- Fawcett, S. E., Ellram, L. M., & Ogden, J. A. (2014). Supply chain management: from vision to implementation. London: Pearson.