Conditions of strategy implementation
Considering the issue of strategy manager should pay attention to the trends taking place in the modern world. Changing conditions have resulted in increasing demand for methods and techniques to anticipate and prevent their negative impact on the company and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
First, in the mid-70s, these determinants were determined by H.I.Ansoff, who described the following four trends (H.I.Ansoff 1985, s. 58):
- Increase scope of change Important events affecting the company increasingly deviate from previous experience.
- Increase in change intensity Maintaining connections between the company and its partners absorbs more energy and attention of management.
- Increase the speed of changes in the environment.
- Increasing in complexity of the environment.
It seems that after 30 years, these trends not only weakened but strengthened and have a significant impact on the management of the modern company.
- Guth, W. D., & MacMillan, I. C. (1986). Strategy implementation versus middle management self-interest. Strategic Management Journal, 7(4), 313-327.
Author: Krzysztof Wozniak
This is an article stub.